We are recognized as a leader in conducting all types of local government elections, including special district elections, municipal elections, local improvement district elections, organization elections, TABOR elections, and urban renewal authority elections. Our paralegals have over 55 combined years of experience in all aspects of local government elections and can provide any level of assistance and service required. Our primary focus is ensuring our clients’ elections are conducted in compliance with all statutory and constitutional laws. We also stay in the forefront of drafting and reviewing new and pending legislation on election laws.
Our election specialists can assist with the following:
- Working directly with a client on all aspects of the election process, whether the election is a coordinated, independent mail ballot or polling place election.
- Ensuring all election deadlines are met in a timely fashion.
- Drafting the ballot question to be presented to the electors.
- Drafting and preparing all election forms and documents, from the initial Election Resolution to the Canvass Board’s Certification of
- Election Results.
- Serving as the Designated Election Official or working closely with the appointed Designated Election Official.
- Preparation, publication, mailing or posting of all legal notices, including the TABOR Notice.
- Working directly with a County Clerk on the conduct of a coordinated election.
- Reviewing property owners’ lists to determine those eligible electors, including the confirmation of voter registration.
- Preparation and mailing of ballot packets, for both mail ballot elections and for absentee voting, including UOCAVA ballots.
- Working with professional printers and vendors on the preparation and mailing of ballot packets or printing of election materials, including the ballots.
- Appointing and training election judges.
- Setting up polling places and assistance on Election Day.
- Receiving and processing the returned mail or absentee ballots.
- Appointing and meeting with Canvass Board.
- Responding to elector questions and concerns.
- Finalizing the certification of the election results.
- Completing all post-election filings.
We have assisted in conducting elections for most all of our local government clients, including, just to name a few:
- Bennett Fire Protection District No. 7*
- City of Central Business Improvement District
- Eagle County Health Service District
- Eagle River Fire Protection District
- La Plata Archuleta Water District
- Pleasant View Water and Sanitation District
- South Suburban Park and Recreation District*
- Timberline Fire Protection District*
- Town of Gypsum
- Town of Pagosa Springs
- Ute Pass Regional Health Service District*
*Located in multiple counties