There are thirty-seven health service districts currently operating in Colorado, some of which still use the older statutory name, “hospital districts”. At various times, we have represented over a quarter of these entities, assisting our clients with everything from organization, TABOR and regular elections, complex financing, construction contract bidding and negotiation, CORA requests, employment and personnel matters, and real estate transactions, as well as statutory compliance.
Hospital staff are often specialists in federal and state healthcare statutes and regulations, and must also be aware of the additional applicable state laws, including Title 32 laws that are unique to special districts and general open meetings and public records laws. These laws do not apply to your private counterparts and can be both confusing and cumbersome. We can guide you through understanding your local government responsibilities as a health service district, help you avoid negative political consequences, and advise on how to use your unique statutory powers to your advantage.
Our Health Service District clients include:
- Aspen Valley Hospital District*
- Eagle County Health Service District d/b/a Eagle County Paramedics
- Haxtun Hospital District
- Huerfano County Hospital District d/b/a Spanish Peaks Regional Health Center
- Keefe Memorial Health Service District
- La Junta Health Service District**
- St. Vincent General Hospital District
- Telluride Hospital District*
- Upper San Juan Health Service District d/b/a Pagosa Springs Medical Center*
**Organization Election in November 2017