Our work with a large number of fire protection districts and fire authorities throughout Colorado, from small rural volunteer departments to larger urban fire agencies, gives us an unparalleled depth of experience with issues unique to fire agencies. We regularly assist our fire agency clients with obtaining lease-purchase financing for new apparatus, adopting fire codes, reviewing construction contracts and financing for new fire stations and remodeling projects, drafting automatic and mutual aid agreements, preparing personnel policies, and handling issues related to volunteer firefighter stipends and pension plans. We also have extensive experience in consolidation of fire agencies, through the various methods available.
Our attorneys have presented fire service related topical speeches at the Special District Association and Fire Leadership Academy annual conferences on topics of state-wide interest.
A sampling of our current fire agency clients includes:
- Black Forest Fire/Rescue Protection District
- South Metro Fire Rescue
- Eagle River Fire Protection District
- Evergreen Fire Protection District
- East Grand County Fire Protection District
- Poudre Valley Fire Protection District
- Bennett Fire Protection District
- Pagosa Fire Protection District